Planning a trip today? While perusing your favorite exhibits, don't forget to check out these activities.
Today's programs and events
- Zoo hours: Today, the zoo hours are 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and visitors can stay on grounds until 7 p.m.
- The Cascade to Go kiosk is open at 9 a.m.
- Elephant Ears Cart is open at 10 a.m.
Construction or accessibility notes
- The Insect Zoo is temporarily closed while the new zoo education center undergoes construction. Visit an all-new Insect Zoo in the Nature Exploration Station, opening in 2017.
- The train is currently out of service while repairs are completed on the Zooliner and several cars, which were damaged while the train was positioned for maintenance early Monday morning.
All Washington Park attractions use a Pay-to-Park system. Parking fees mirror downtown's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season is April 1 – September 30, and non-peak season runs from October 1 – March 31.
Ride transit and receive $1.50 off admission with each proof of ridership.