The zoo will be open today with reduced access to some locations.
- Great Northwest, Africa, and Discovery Plaza are closed. (With reduced access, admission is also reduced to $4 during this period.)
- Anyone planning a visit should exercise caution and come prepared for wintry conditions: packed snow, ice and wet walking surfaces.
- We highly recommend taking MAX rather than driving. Parking is limited in the city parking lot adjacent to the zoo, and the lot still has a lot of ice and snow.
Today's programs and events
- Zoo hours: Today, the zoo hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and visitors can stay on grounds until 5 p.m.
- The Cascade to Go kiosk is open at 9 a.m.
- Elephant Ears Cart is open at 10 a.m.
Construction or accessibility notes
- The Insect Zoo is temporarily closed while the new zoo education center undergoes construction. Visit an all-new Insect Zoo in the Nature Exploration Station, opening in 2017.
Train and Carousel
- The zoo train and carousel are not currently running.
All Washington Park attractions use a Pay-to-Park system. Parking fees mirror downtown's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season is April 1 – September 30, and non-peak season runs from October 1 – March 31.
Ride transit and receive $1.50 off admission with each proof of ridership.